Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Meaning of Rachel

Rachel (Hebrew) : female sheep. Bible : the wife of Jacob.



I like this name as Rachel was born in the year of Goat.. suits her (female sheep) ;P As for her Chinese name, 黄静儿, it means quiet. It was chosen based on her Ba-zi. Quite a few names were given by the Master, but I have always like the character 儿 and according to the Master, Rachel has a quick temper, she's straightforward and she will tends to offend people in future by her words when she works. So it's better to have a name that tame and quieten her down.


Now at the age of 3 yrs 7 mths, she's already talking non-stop at times and kept asking why this and that? How come? etc... At times, I wondered if her name doesn't works for her??


Now that she's learning to write her Chinese name, I sort of regretted choosing a character with so many strokes for her. Too tedious for me to teach her :( So far, she has managed to write her surname. Phew! It's really not easy teaching kids to write.. still got 2 more characters to go...

1 comment:

Aces Family said...

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for doing the tag and it's interesting to know of Rachel's name. Her chinese name is so sweet.

regards,
Astee