Time flies and Rachel is already now 4 years old. Initially was wondering how to celebrate for her. About 2 weeks before her birthday, I asked Rachel where and how she wants to celebrate this year. She told me that she wanted to celebrate at my void deck with her friends and also at school. She chose void deck because there was place for the children to play and the playground is nearby. I thought, not a bad idea. Can order buffet and invite my friends and a few of my relatives. :) Rachel too, wanted to invite her younger cousins over. But then, my mother opposed to it. Reason given was no body to invite and so troublesome.
So next, I told Rachel that Ah-ma opposed to having the party at void deck, which is the next place she wants to hold her party. Answer : Coffeeshop lor. My friends everyday also go down. We can ride our bicycle at the basketball court or go over to the playground. Ah-ma everyday also there. So that's it. Birthday party at coffeeshop.
I told my sister and brother that the birthday party for Rachel is to be held on 21 Oct '07, 6.30pm at Blk 498 Coffeeshop. Their response was : Huh? Kopitiam???? Ok lor.... I also invited Rachel's friends who are my mum's friend's daughters. So for this Birthday Party, there were only 4 kids attending it - Rachel, Jonathan, Rachel (friend) and her sister Vivian. :) The rest were Uncles, Aunties, Ah- Gongs and Ah - Mas (all Grandma's friends) ;P
I bought 1 Roast Duck, a good portion of Roast Pork, ordered chicken wings, nuggets, sausages, french fries, Seafood Fried Rice, Fried HongKong noddle and Xing Zhou Mee Hoon and an ice cream cake with the Disney Princess picture. Initially my mum kept telling me, no need to order so much lah.. i never tell a lot of people. Only told a FEW uncles and aunties only. In the end, the turn out: 4 kids 15 adults (including me and my mum). The staff at the Zi chai, western food and drinks stall came over and asked whose birthday were we celebrating and even gave us discount. :P Not too bad... Then my mum, being so popular at the coffeeshop due to the long hours sitting and gossiping there, seemed to know everyone who passed by. The moment she saw one of her friends, she will invite them to sit down and eat. Sigh.. Not enough food and got to order another Fried HongKong noddle.
Although it was just a small gathering more than party, Rachel enjoyed herself. She got a big Barney from my sis' bf, 1 set of "barbie" toys and ang pows.. And of all the presents, her favourite was the Barney, and it's now taking a portion of my bed. At night, I asked if she was happy with her "party", she told me yes! Very Happy! Very nice!
On her actual birth date, she got another small celebration in school. Just ordered a Hello Kitty design, strawberry flavour cake from Polar for her. It was also a gift from my sister for her birthday. Her teacher told me to reach the school best before 3pm, but that morning, I had a last minute appointment at Ang Mo Kio Techpark. At first still thought that there was enough time, just to meet the client to sign the documents and go. Who knows, stupid client, delayed the whole thing and by the time I stepped out of their office, it was already 12pm.
I dropped by Eve's house to have lunch with her as well as to collect her present for Rachel. Had a quick lunch with her and rushed off to collect the cake. My God! I reached Jurong Point at 2.45pm and ran all the way down to Polar counter to collect the cake. The staff told me to wait as she need to go to the fridge to get the cake out. I told her to be quick as I need to reach the school by 3pm. Got the cake like 5 mins later because the staff was taking her own sweet time to collect the cake. Managed to get a cab without waiting and rushed to the school. Reached the school at 3pm sharp. The children were just waking up from their afternoon nap.
When Rachel woke up, kept her mattress, she turned and saw me. She started jumping and clinging on to me. She was told by her teacher to sit at the table while the rest were to sit at their class. The seats at the table was arranged by the teacher according to their behaviour. When her friends saw the Hello Kitty cake, they all commented that it was very nice and Rachel was so proud of it. :) Then they started singing the birthday song in English and Chinese and Rachel cut the cake. For her school celebration, there was no candles and she has blown it on Sunday. My mum insisted that birthday candle can only blow once so no choice, and Rachel agreed to it earlier.
Rachel's teacher cut a piece of cake and told her to gave it to me as well as thank me for buying her this cake. When Rachel presented that first piece of cake and thanked me, I felt so happy, pleased and proud of her. :D That piece of cake just taste extremely sweet. :) Her friends said that the cake was very nice and most of them had second helpings except of Rachel. All along, she don't really like cakes but then she likes the cream. Her teacher scooped up the balance cream for her and she finished them! So creamy!!
After the short tea break celebration, Rachel refused to attend her Chinese class. She wanted to go home with me. I told her that I will picked her up 1 hour later, she started tearing. Seeing her like that, I also relented and told her only for that day as it was her special day. The rest of the days, no such things. She immediately put away her cup, collect her water bottle and was jumping up and down, saying goodbyes to her friends and teachers. So off she went home with me. Dinner was at coffeeshop again, just a simple dinner.
Now when people asked her how old is she, she will replied very proudly : Last time I'm Three but now I'm Four! :)
So next, I told Rachel that Ah-ma opposed to having the party at void deck, which is the next place she wants to hold her party. Answer : Coffeeshop lor. My friends everyday also go down. We can ride our bicycle at the basketball court or go over to the playground. Ah-ma everyday also there. So that's it. Birthday party at coffeeshop.
I told my sister and brother that the birthday party for Rachel is to be held on 21 Oct '07, 6.30pm at Blk 498 Coffeeshop. Their response was : Huh? Kopitiam???? Ok lor.... I also invited Rachel's friends who are my mum's friend's daughters. So for this Birthday Party, there were only 4 kids attending it - Rachel, Jonathan, Rachel (friend) and her sister Vivian. :) The rest were Uncles, Aunties, Ah- Gongs and Ah - Mas (all Grandma's friends) ;P
I bought 1 Roast Duck, a good portion of Roast Pork, ordered chicken wings, nuggets, sausages, french fries, Seafood Fried Rice, Fried HongKong noddle and Xing Zhou Mee Hoon and an ice cream cake with the Disney Princess picture. Initially my mum kept telling me, no need to order so much lah.. i never tell a lot of people. Only told a FEW uncles and aunties only. In the end, the turn out: 4 kids 15 adults (including me and my mum). The staff at the Zi chai, western food and drinks stall came over and asked whose birthday were we celebrating and even gave us discount. :P Not too bad... Then my mum, being so popular at the coffeeshop due to the long hours sitting and gossiping there, seemed to know everyone who passed by. The moment she saw one of her friends, she will invite them to sit down and eat. Sigh.. Not enough food and got to order another Fried HongKong noddle.
Although it was just a small gathering more than party, Rachel enjoyed herself. She got a big Barney from my sis' bf, 1 set of "barbie" toys and ang pows.. And of all the presents, her favourite was the Barney, and it's now taking a portion of my bed. At night, I asked if she was happy with her "party", she told me yes! Very Happy! Very nice!
On her actual birth date, she got another small celebration in school. Just ordered a Hello Kitty design, strawberry flavour cake from Polar for her. It was also a gift from my sister for her birthday. Her teacher told me to reach the school best before 3pm, but that morning, I had a last minute appointment at Ang Mo Kio Techpark. At first still thought that there was enough time, just to meet the client to sign the documents and go. Who knows, stupid client, delayed the whole thing and by the time I stepped out of their office, it was already 12pm.
I dropped by Eve's house to have lunch with her as well as to collect her present for Rachel. Had a quick lunch with her and rushed off to collect the cake. My God! I reached Jurong Point at 2.45pm and ran all the way down to Polar counter to collect the cake. The staff told me to wait as she need to go to the fridge to get the cake out. I told her to be quick as I need to reach the school by 3pm. Got the cake like 5 mins later because the staff was taking her own sweet time to collect the cake. Managed to get a cab without waiting and rushed to the school. Reached the school at 3pm sharp. The children were just waking up from their afternoon nap.
When Rachel woke up, kept her mattress, she turned and saw me. She started jumping and clinging on to me. She was told by her teacher to sit at the table while the rest were to sit at their class. The seats at the table was arranged by the teacher according to their behaviour. When her friends saw the Hello Kitty cake, they all commented that it was very nice and Rachel was so proud of it. :) Then they started singing the birthday song in English and Chinese and Rachel cut the cake. For her school celebration, there was no candles and she has blown it on Sunday. My mum insisted that birthday candle can only blow once so no choice, and Rachel agreed to it earlier.
Rachel's teacher cut a piece of cake and told her to gave it to me as well as thank me for buying her this cake. When Rachel presented that first piece of cake and thanked me, I felt so happy, pleased and proud of her. :D That piece of cake just taste extremely sweet. :) Her friends said that the cake was very nice and most of them had second helpings except of Rachel. All along, she don't really like cakes but then she likes the cream. Her teacher scooped up the balance cream for her and she finished them! So creamy!!
After the short tea break celebration, Rachel refused to attend her Chinese class. She wanted to go home with me. I told her that I will picked her up 1 hour later, she started tearing. Seeing her like that, I also relented and told her only for that day as it was her special day. The rest of the days, no such things. She immediately put away her cup, collect her water bottle and was jumping up and down, saying goodbyes to her friends and teachers. So off she went home with me. Dinner was at coffeeshop again, just a simple dinner.
Now when people asked her how old is she, she will replied very proudly : Last time I'm Three but now I'm Four! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment