This evening, my boss announced to me that this year, we will be getting only 13th bonus (AWS). Reason being economy is very bad, money is very tight and of course, to save cost.
I was utterly disappointed with him. Some time back in June, he told us to give him our Key Indicative Performance (list of things that we do) for him to judge our performance and that our performance bonus will be based on this list. Of course, he will also add in his own expectations to our list. Well, now this indicative list is useless!
What more disappointing was he initially told me that he will be giving me a trip to Japan this year. Next thing was that the dates clashed with his own personal events and thus we were all unable to make it for the trip. In order to "compensate" me, for the next few mths, we got to work harder and help him achieve his target for the year, I will be rewarded with a travel package worth $3,888. Guess what now? Of course, due to the bad economy, the trip and the package gone. He had encashed the Japan travel tickets for cash and now using a small portion of it to pay for a trip for me and my girl to our favourite place... Genting! W**!!!! (those who know me well will know what it means! :P) And that happens to be my birthday gift from him too! That is at the moment our favourite place because that's where I can afford to bring my family to! Based on the miserable pay that I'm paid and the bloody long working hrs, it is really depressing!
He has never given me any respect of the fact that I need my rest and it's way after working hours and I need my family time with Rachel too! By getting pay from him, means that I have to work 24/7! Having said that, he just called me to give instructions for work to be done tomorrow. I have been seriously thinking of looking for a job for quite some time, and of course, hoping that I have a better boss this time! Now, it's time for me to move on.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Eileen,
Sigh..this is indeed a disappointing piece of new.
Actually i think this year even govt sector also no variable, just AWS...sian.. : (
astee
Post a Comment