I tendered my Resignation Letter to my boss on Tuesday, 5 Dec '06. As expected, the letter gave her a big shock. I had expected that my last month here will be like Hell... but surprisingly so far so good. ;-P (Cross my fingers that this situation will remain till my last day - 4 Jan '07).
Ok, back to my resignation. When I handed my letter to my boss, she got a shock then and asked me what was that? Replied that it was my Resignation Letter and I'm leaving. She said: "You are the boss here what. How can you resigned? Moreover, you are very happy here!" Well.. I guess she had forgotten the no of times when both of us were screaming and shouting at each other here, banging the cupboards and tables.
Reasons that I gave her for leaving were : Higher Salary, Change of environment and different job scope. She counter-offer me saying that she will pay whatever amount my new office is paying me. I told her that money , yes is important to me, but it's not the main issue why I leave. Moreover, my pay had been freezed for the past 3 years! If that's the main reason, I would have left long ago.. no need to wait till now. Her eyes wide opened then.. nothing to counter-offer me as I kept emphasizing to her that I want a change of environment and different job scope.
My boss told 3 of my advisers about my Resignation. She wanted to find out how they felt about me leaving, and since I'm very close to them, she wanted them to persuade me to stay on here. She told them that when she received my letter, she was devastated, lost and confused. Felt her right hand dropped to the ground! When she left the office, out front seems nothing happened.. Cool.. yet inside, legs wobbling, body shivering. Drove round and round feeling so lost and confused, in the end, ended up in Church, prayed and then cry and cry.. Quite drama-mama..
As for my advisers, they were in fact happy for me that I have found a job! They told her that if I have a better opportunity and prospect outside, she should be happy for me and to give me all her blessings! She has got to learn to let go. She told one of them to talk to me and found out where I'm going, what I'll be doing and most importantly who recommended me! She had the idea that one of my ex-advisers recommended me. Feedback that she got from that adviser is : A close girlfriend, the one who helped her out during her financial difficulty, got business contact and told me to go and take a look and to find out my current market value. Office located in Jurong, but got a branch office in Bugis. Job scope.. PA but no need to do filing! Wow! Job was offered to me in Oct/Nov and I had serious thoughts about the job, weighing the pros and cons before I made the final decision. My adviser told her to let me go and give me her blessings.
As for my work here, so much things to clear. Advertised for new girl and hopefully she comes in asap so that I can pass her all my filings.. and to handover all the things before I leave. Even if I leave before the new girl comes, I will come back when I'm free for half a day (mostly Sat) to teach her. Better leave sui sui! :-)
Friday, December 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment