Ha..ha.. ganna complaint from my good friend that I have not been updating my blog :-P Rachel was down with high fever since 25 Nov '06. Her teacher called my mum up asking her to bring Rachel home as she was running a high fever. I rushed back home immediately after work, but found her to be climbing up and down the sofa.. not feeling sick at all. But during the night her fever shot up to 39.9 Degree Celsius.. Got to keep sponging Rachel to keep her fever down and in the end, over the weekends, didn't get to sleep much.
Next day first thing in the morning, rushed down to see doctor. Given a course of Antibiotics and Paracetamol. Not much use to Rachel as her fever was still on and off. Finally, bo bian, brought her to see the Chinses Sinseh. Diagnosed that Rachel was down with "Mo Dan". Given a bottle of chinese medicine and some herbs to boil for Rachel to drink. My God! Giving her the chinese medicine was like having a war in my house! My mum got to hold her hands and legs down, me got to hold the syringe and force open her mouth, and Jonathan telling Rachel the medicine very nice. Eat medicine first and play later with her. Luckily for once, he of some help but not all though. :-) As for the herbal drink, initally Rachel refused to drink, but then her mummy here told her that it's a special type of green tea which I brought back from office specially for her. My mum added Honey to the drink. And in a while, she drank 1 cup of the herbal tea. Phew.. Even Jonathan believe the white lie, asked to drink also. My mum gladly gave him..
Fever was still on that night but not that high. And by Thursday (29 Nov'06), fever was gone completely. Thank God! I always get worried whenever Rachel has got fever, due to her Febrile Seizure in March this year. An incident which scares the life out of me. She will only outgrow this condition when she reaches the age 6.. 3 more years to go..
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I confess that I'm the "good friend" who "complained" about the slow blogging. But hey! If you hadn't blogged, I wouldn't have known that Rachel's bout of fever was due to Mo Dan. Besides, its a good way for Rachel to look back in the future and know what you did for her ;)
Post a Comment